Chicken Feet & Fishing

[Week of Aug 1, 1909]

Sunday Aug. 1, 1909.  I went to meeting in the morning and then we young folks sat around on the porch and talked & the boys served blue berries & smash  In the afternoon Cornelia & I walked down the rode & wrote.  After meeting Karl & Margarete & Oliver & I went down to Olivers haunt. We also went after super[sic] until time for meeting.

Monday Aug 2, 1909.  I went swimming before breakfast & Oh my it was sport   after breakfast Oliver & I picked 46 waterlilies then went to meeting. In the afternoon Karl Buswell & Gretchen and George Stevens & Karl Stevens & Oliver & Dr. Montgomery and I went to the big rock and climbed all over it  the boys got some pictures of me when I didn’t know it and they have promised to send me some. We went into awfully dangerous places  after super[sic] Oliver & I went boatriding. I went swimming by moonlight!! and then slept with Reba and we threw things over the pertitions such as chicken feet, wet bathing suits, tennis slippers etc. 

A nice catch!

Tuesday Aug 3, 1909.  In the morning Margaret and I went boating then Oliver joined us and we dug angling worms to go fishing then we went horseback riding for the rest of the morning. Margaret was afraid to ride alone without me so I got twice as many rides.  Afternoon we three went over to Eureka fishing  brought home about 3 fish we had supper about 5 and then walked to town   all the people came down as far as butterfly bridge and sang , “God be with you till we meet again.”  Oh I hated to go!!! When we were about 2 miles from Mellen it just poured

This entry was posted in 1909, Claire Wight and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.