The church bazaar

Week of November 28, 1909

November Sunday 28, 1909  went to Church and S.S.  Bernice was awfully surprised to see me at church. She did not know I was coming at all.

Monday 29  OO after school I went over to Vera Perrys and we practiced duets and talked. I am thinking of taking mandolin lessons too, but my music lessons keep me awfully busy  I have to get up early to practice. In the evening Esther and I studied awfully hard and we got along fine. Oh how I hope I don’t have to take my Latin exam. I have invited Phyllis and Florenceto come up for the weekend and Oh how I hope they can come.

Tuesday 30  OO after school Esther and I studied then I took my music lesson  I hope some day I will be a fine player. In the evening I got my Latin then wrote two letters to Phyllis and Oliver.  I am going to take Mandolin lessons.  I hope I will like it and get alone[sic] real fast.

[December] Wednesday 1   OO after school Esther came up and we made some candy for May  their church is having a Bazar[sic]. In the evening Ruth Bestor, Mrs Warren and her mother came over and made pincushions to send to Miss Moore for her tree. Gene and I made an Anogram game out of cardboard  We had quite a plesant[sic] time

Thursday 2  OO after school Esther and I went down town and I took my music lesson  I have Prof. Lyon of Lyon’s school of music.* I like him awfully much  he’s so nice. They have lovely rooms. After my lesson Esther and I went over to the Bazar[sic] and saw May.  I drew a buster brown [all] from the rose garden. In the evening E. & I got Latin Prose then I practiced. [* J. Erwin Lyon ran Lyon's School of Music at 156 S. Burdick Street.]

Friday 3  OO after school I helped sell things at the school bazar[sic] untill[sic] super[sic] time. After super[sic] I went back and sold things all evening. My I was so tired I could hardly get to bed. I came home with Mamma and Gene  they came over and waited for me. They had some awfully pretty things at the sale and I guess they sold considerable

Saturday   Mamma woke me up a about 20 min to 12 this morning so I lost my breakfast today. I was so tired last night I couldn’t hardly stand it. In the afternoon I practiced a hour. Then Esther and I went over to Mrs. Oakleys and sewed for the church Bazar[sic].  We made little doll Kamonas[sic] and then came home and finished my practicing, copied 6 copies of a song and then went up to Esthers’ and studied.

This entry was posted in 1909, Claire Wight and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.