The orchestra performs

Mar 22-24, 1911

Wed. March 22, 1911

Went to school this afternoon  I took my music lesson He gave me the “Frolic of the Flowers” today. Elma asked me to wait on table at the Philathea Baraca banquet tonight but I am not going to for I have a history test tomorrow first hour and I don’t want to flunk. Then too my white dress isn’t ironed and they are going to wear white.  Also I don’t know what boy I would have to wait with  it might be “somebody” I don’t like.

Thur. March 23, 1911

Went to school  got along just fine in my test! This afternoon I went to orchestra practice  we are going to play “the Chocolate Soldier” and “Mrs Casey” in chapel tomorrow morning. It was a fine practice  the full orchestra was there with one or two exceptions and we worked hard.  Oh I do enjoy the orchestra so much. We got through about five. In the evening Vera, Mrs Perry and I went down to Prayer Meeting. A Dr Stevens supt. of S.S. in Colorado or somewhere gave an address and it was fine. He told all about the characteristics of a child at certain ages and what you should teach them at those times

Fri. March 24, 1911

Well we played this morning  I was rather scared but we got through all right and they claped[sic] and claped[sic].

This entry was posted in 1911, Claire Wight and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.