The Circus!

[Post of June 16-17, 1911]

Fri. June 16, 1911

Got up and ready for school by eight o’clock  when I arrived at Cecille’s behold I found we weren’t expected at School until ten o’clock. So we fooled around then went after we got our cards  a crowd of us girls went down to view Barnum & Bailey parade  my but there were crowds of people and we had a dandy time. After dinner I practiced then Miss Hay, Miss Heartman & I went to the play given by the Seniors of the Normal  it was lots of fun. We sat way up on the ledge on the corner of the race  rack  we collapsed very gracefully once in a mad effort to gain the height but a boy gave us assistance and we had a good view. The name of it was “R Tender Husband” by Richard Steele. After the play Miss Hay came over and stayed to supper then I went back with her to the hall a stayed a while.

The Barnum & Bailey Circus parading down Main Street in front of the Burdick Hotel.

Sat. June 17, 1911

It rained most all day so I stayed at home until evening.  This morning I practiced and cleaned my room. In the afternoon I made a bag for Aunt Emma’s birthday then read and played until supper time. In the evening May came down for a few minutes then walked over to Margaret Collins with me to Athenaeides meeting  did I say that we have our pins? They are real cute just a plain gold A. Well we had a pile of fun at the meeting  Katherine Locart and I were as crazy as usual. We elected the officers for the coming year and Bessie Freeman is to be president, Rosamond Praeger Secy and your humble servant Claire Wight is to be treasurer. I am Pluto in the play for Wednesday night.

This entry was posted in 1911, Claire Wight and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.