The Goddess of Discord

[Post for June 20-30, 1911]

Tues. June 20, 1911
I feel tonight as if the goddess of Discord had been here with a vengence. It’s just me but I feel cross at everybody!! The MacDowells are here and I wish they weren’t!! The Drake’s are here and I like Mr. [Drake] very much! This morning I ironed then we girls went for a little stroll and then sang songs. After dinner Gladies and I went to the W.I.C. meeting at Nellie Smith’s then Nina Gladies and I went down to the library and tried to write a story on Orpheus and Eurydice but didn’t get along very fast. After gobbling down a very hasty supper I hurried over to Bessie Freeman’s to practice and we girls had a lot of fun acting crazy. Then Rosamond & I came home on the car and when I got home Lela, Gladies & I looked at fashions for me 2 dresses.

Sat. June 24, 1911
Well I sewed today and worked. I went up to the noon train to see mamma and had a two minute talk with her.

Sun. June 25, 1911
Well this has been a quite[sic] day (yes?) minus Ardith’s whops. I have gone nowhere today and have just ate and read. This life is a funny thing anyhow. Oh I forgot to say that we have sung quite a bit too.

Wed. June 28, 1911
Sick!

Thurs. June 29, 1911
Sick!!

Frid. June 30, 1911
Sick!

This entry was posted in 1911, Claire Wight and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.