Kalamazoo Kodakery

[Posts for August 8-11, 1911]

Tues. Aug. 8, 1911

The rollercoaster at Oakwood Park in Kalamazoo, 1907

A busy, jolly day!! This morning right after breakfast Papa, Mr. Redman and I went swimming out to White’s Lake  Oh it was great! The water was fine. I can stay under the water longer than Mr. Redman and can swim a short distance without the use of one arm. My how I love swimming. Then we came home and I dried my hair then watched papa & Mr. R. play “Rusty” and George Edmonson. In the afternoon we fooled around then played tennis  papa won the set 8-6 now I must get the next one. Then we played doubles. We all went out to Oakwood and Vera went with us. Mr. R. and V and I went on the roller coaster. We watched them roller skate also. The moon is beautiful tonight.

Wed. Aug. 9, 1911
This morning Mr. R. and I got up early and took a walk up around Grand Ave. I took a picture of him then came home and took one of mamma and Mrs. Redman.

Fri. Aug. 11, 1911
I got up late this morning then read and ironed all morning. This afternoon Aunt Emma and I went down to the Kodak Exibition[sic] and demonstration and enjoyed it. Also went to the library and got the next book of the series “Betty Wales Junior”  This evening I have laid up here reading it until now its most eleven. I just think it would be grand to be loved and liked by lots of people the way Betty was. Arn’t[sic] books lovely things because you can make the characters have whatever you want and have such nice things happen and yet have it seem real. I just love college books.

Eastman Kodak Company representatives were in Kalamazoo from August 8-12 and gave demonstrations and lessons on the latest innovations in “Kodakery” (taking and developing pictures). It was sponsored by George McDonald Drugs and held at the Elk’s Lodge.

This entry was posted in 1911, Claire Wight and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.