Thanksgiving Day

[Post for Nov. 30-Dec, 1, 1911]

Thur. Nov. 30, 1911
Thanksgiving! My but the babies are cute. We took the first picture of Wallace Howard today. Bernice took it with her camera. We also took several other pictures one of Vera & I, one of Mamma Edna Ardith & I, one of Ardith. Well of course James came and we had a big dinner. After dinner we played games then Vera, Bernice and I went walking and went to a fire. Where a house all burned down it had fallen but was all ablaze by the time we got there. We got [back] by supper time and in the evening Vera, May and Rosamond came up and we pulled candy and fooled around and played games. I guess we all enjoyed the evening.

Claire and her family may have given and received Thanksgiving greeting cards such as this postcard from 1912.

Fri. Dec. 1, 1911
Well! I have come to Hamilton isn’t that sudden. We couldn’t bear to seperate[sic] so Bernice asked me home with her. We got the early train for Allegan and between trains visited the Barats.  My they are grand people  I played my mandolin on request and Florence sang while Harriet played the piano. Oh I think they are almost an ideal family. Then we got a ten cent dish of something and caught the train. Got to her house in time for dinner. After dinner we went skating and had a perfectly grand time  my but its fine to be on the ice again. Then Juliet and Marvin Brauer were up to supper.

This entry was posted in 1911, Claire Wight. Bookmark the permalink.