Thur. Jan. 16, 1913

Thur. Jan. 16, 1913

OO. This morning after chapel I called a meeting of the Freshman girls. And did some electionering[sic]  I told them the boys we’re going to put up Mr. Walker and Mr. Wittet nominees for captain of the class Basket Ball teem[sic]  Mr. Wittet as a “dummy” because he isn’t at all fitted for the place. So they expected to run Walker through. Now I told them that he had been very rude and descurtious[sic] to one of the girls (it was a Soph) and that we ought to stand up for our sex and not vote for him. Well in the class meeting they decided to vote, by a rising vote and someone had luckily put up Bishop so when Walker’s name was the 1st up most of the boys got up and not a single girl  the boys were so surprised. Then the rest of the boys & all most all the girls voted for bishop and everyone is wondering how it happened   Bessie Freeman was elected to give the toast at the banquet, I came in second. I would have died if I had had to do it. Parker walked home from Gaynor with me  I wonder if I will ever have anything more to do with him or he with me?

This entry was posted in 1913, Claire Wight. Bookmark the permalink.