Jan. 30 & 31, 1913

Thur. Jan. 30, 1913

Got up at 4:30 A.M. and studied for Math Exam! Went & took exam and I know I passed. There were six and I did four or five. It was lots easier than I expected but maby[sic] its because math is easier for me  for some of the folks didn’t get one of the questions. And I guess I got along as well as most of them anyway.  This P.M. I practiced in gym. and then slept. Parker called up and is coming up tomorrow night to tell me whats the matter. I’m so curious that I said he could come for he wouldn’t tell me  over the phone. I went to Prayer meeting tonight and it was fine. Ralph came home with me. And I’m so worn out & nervious[sic] that I jump at every little thing. I told Ralph that Parker is coming tomorrow night so my conscience is free.

Fri. Jan. 31, 1913

I stayed in bed until 9:30 or 10:00 o’clock this morning and it seemed wonderfully fine. This P.M. Lela McDowell and I went calling on the boys in our S.S. class and of all the awful places we got into. My when I got home our house seemed like a palace!! I went to eleven different houses and the people all seemed cordial. I think there is wonderful work that could be done among them. One woman said that if I would let her know next time we were coming she would have a “reception” for us.

This evening Parker came we had a real nice visit he certainly was great tonight he’s such a fine Christian that it’s easy and I enjoy talking with him. He certainly would like to go with me and maby[sic] I ought to. Oh hum! It was hard for me tonight.

This entry was posted in 1913, Claire Wight. Bookmark the permalink.