Wed. Feb. 5, 1913

Wed. Feb. 5, 1913

OO. This P.M. spent over 3 hrs. writing an English paper! Then only 1 hr. on Latin. We are reading “De Senectute” and its so easy to read that I positively enjoy it. Think of me enjoying Latin. This evening Ralph & I went to the Farther Lights mid-winter Festival. It was fine. The baby show was the funniest  there was  Prof. Smith, Burr Osborn, Mr Coleman and Hamlin Gardener all dressed like babies in cradles & chairs on the floor. It was the funniest thing I believe I ever saw. I laughed until the tears rolled down my cheeks. Ralph dropped chocalates[sic] into Prof. Smith’s mouth while he was sleeping and such howling you never heard. The concert was fine. Harvey Pettit played & Ethel Knox gave a reading, besides lots of other things. We left before a mock wedding and caught one of the new street cars, came out to Mange’s on DeWitt St. Where a church affair was going on. We had a pleasent[sic] time  Helen M. & Helen F. and Alice P. and I and Bert Barber, Flutil Bowman, Leo Mange & Ralph sat on the stairs and talked & joked had ice cream & cake

This entry was posted in 1913, Claire Wight. Bookmark the permalink.