May 18-20, 1913

Sun. May 18, 1913

Went to church and S.S.  Mr. and Mrs Coulborn came up from Allegan in their new car. It is certainly a nice one they came  up to dinner and stayed for the afternoon. This evening Ralph came for me and we went to church after church  I had a serious talk with him and told him I didn’t think we better go together any longer. Poor Boy he can’t look at it rightly so I told him I would think it over and decide what to do. Oh this is a tough world!   

“Prince Victor.”

Mon. May 19, 1913

OO. This P.M. I studied then won a set of tennis from Esther. Then went to orchestra practice for tonight. I wore my pink silk and Ralph came for me. The play was fine and the chapel was packed. Billy Keis was the heroine and Mr. Piper the hero. Oh it was great. I don’t see how Roberta Williams could write such a play. The costumes were grand and the staging perfect. And everyone did so well there was scarcely a brake[sic] and the acting was fine. The plot was clever. It was perfectly comical when Joe Mountain had to pick Billy Keis up and carry her off the stage.  Why I would feel perfectly wonderful if something of mine was ever given before an audience. They clapped and clapped for Roberta and when she came they presented her with a bunch of roses. Ralph had sort of a strained feeling tonight  he couldn’t act natural  I wish I could be the heroine in a play.  

Tues. May 20, 1913

Why diary I’m “pretinearly” dead. I’m so tired. I played five sets of tennis this P.M. and then this evening I went to Gaynor practice that lasted from 7:00 to 10:20. It was awful and in that cantata we have to stand up an hour at a time. Oh dear! dear! dear! I don’t see how I’m going to get through it all.

This morning the Seniors had charge of long chapel & it was fine. “Criss” gave a fine speech and so did Mr. Hart. This P.M. I played tennis with Mr. Chapman, I beat him four sets straight, 6-2, 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 then we played against Mr Ore & Mr. Petterson & won 6-0, then Mr Ore & I got beaten 6-2. Oh diary these days are so full. I went to Thalia practice too.

This entry was posted in 1913, Claire Wight and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.