May 27-29, 1913

Tues. May 27, 1913

Oh diary I’m tired! This has been a full day but its 11:00 o’clock now.  OO. Heard a Mr. Frank Mills a great actor speak this morning in chapel. This P.M. I played tennis against Mr Parker. I won two sets & he two score 6-2, 0-6, 4-6, 6-3.  I got a photograph from     Mr. Wheatley today also a letter. This P.M. and evening I went to Gaynor Club rehersal

Gaynor Club Concert.

Wed. May 28, 1913

Went to High School to sing. Then went down to the Academy to practice for tonight. This P.M. I played the finals with Esther  I won 6-3, 6-0  I didn’t play good tennis however. Then I played a couple of sets with Mr Forbes against Paul Johnson and Mr. Wittet  we won 6-0, 6-0. Went to the Ball game between Olivet and Kazoo.  they won  8-1.  This evening I got down to the Academy a little after 7:00 o’clock then went through with the concert  I’m so tired I will write more tomorrow. Well it was certainly fun behind the scenes and to have dressing rooms though I hated to be “made up” and I scrubed[sic] to get the paint off afterwards. Well we made some fearful screeches but didn’t absolutely fall down on any of our pieces. The flower drill really was good though  I felt as if I was stark naked in that poppy crepe paper costume of mine. The individual work was great. Frances Clark got two beautiful bunches of roses after her solos and Ethel Thomas did finely with her readings. Grace Bowen whistled wonderfully also and the violin was great.  Ralph brought me home.  

Thur. May 29, 1913

I slept until 11:15 this A.M. so skipped classes. This P.M. I went down town with mamma and bought a dark blue suit. I like it real well  I hope I continue to do so. This evening I went to prayer meeting and Ralph brought me home. It rained today so we play Albion Saturday. Oh I must win!!

This entry was posted in 1913, Claire Wight and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.