June 3-5, 1913

Kappa Pi “New Girls Contest”

Tues. June 3, 1913

Betty Stetson won 1st place I’m so happy. Oh it was great! Margaret Petertyl got 2nd. Miss Brown forgot hers and had to sit down. I don’t know but what it did her good. Grace Bowens whistling solo was so beautiful that it made B. Freeman cry. I went with Ralph strange to say.

This P.M. I played tennis (mirabile dictu!)  Mr Parker won (no I guess I did I’ve forgotten) 8-6. then Esther & I beat Mr. Peterson and Mr.Ore 6-2. Then David asked me to play singles with him I was de–lighted. Oh I like David Polasky, he is so gentlemanly to me and interesting. Then too he’s the best player in the school. He won the first set 6-4 and the second set was about 4-3 when we stoped[sic] it was most seven o’clock and I had to hurry. We got word that Albion forfeited to us. Ha Ha I guess we just scared them out plane[sic] and simple.  

Sherwood Banquet

Wed. June 4, 1913

OO. This P.M. I went down town shopping. Got a leather case for my tennis racquet. Also a new hair orniment[sic] besides some other things. This evening I went to the Sherwood Society Banquet at the Rickman Hotel with Mr. Parker. It was a fine Banquet and I think it was better than the Washington Birthday Banquet. I really never ate so much at a Banquet as I did tonight and the toasts were short and to the point. There were little round tables and we sat with “Monty” and Earl Belcher and had a real jolly time. I guess Mable Woodward is mad at me because of a little joke I had with her “dear Mr. Cullen”  There were seven courses and there was only once when I didn’t have an idea of what I was eating. “Pat” McEwan made a very clever toast. Its 12:00 o’clock.  

Thur. June 5, 1913

OO. This P.M. I played tennis with Mr. Parker he won 6-3, 7-5. It was lots of fun. Oh I hope it is nice weather tomorrow and Saturday it just mustn’t rain. Ralph is quite anxious about Parker, he came up to the tennis court to bring me home and he’s coming up in the morning to take me to that 7:25 train. Oh it mustn’t rain   its getting cloudy and we’ve had such grand weather all week. I wonder if I will have as good a time as I had two years ago. I wonder if I will win  Oh I just must. Well good night diary I wonder where I will be tomorrow night.

This entry was posted in 1913, Claire Wight and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.