Aug. 22 & 23, 1913

Fri. August 22, 1913

This morning Wayne and Helen and I got up at 3:30 to go fishing. The moon was shining yet and it was cold but the air was fine we got down to “Skinny” lake and couldn’t find the oars so went out in the boat and paddled around with boards it was so funny but it was tiresome too and not very satisfactory either so we soon came home without a single fish. Then I went to sleep and got up in time for dinner. I eat like a pig out here. This P.M. I wrote letters and ate apples and candy. We went over to Colburn’s for a while and I had quite a visit with Lloyd. This evening I tried to milk a cow for the 1st time in my life I tried about three different cows before I found one I could milk then. I did really milk one a little.

Sat. August 23, 1913

got up about 8:00 o’clock then wrote letters and fooled around then took a 4 or 5 mile walk around the square which was lots of fun the swamps are full of yellow dasies [sic] and the golden rod is just beginning to come out. This P.M. I started “Richard Carvel” then I painted the barn a while just for fun then I fed the chickens and calves and gathered the eggs all alone. I love to get the eggs and have the old setting hens puff out their feathers and draw in their breath at me so funny. I’m certainly not going to live in the city all my life.

This entry was posted in 1913, Claire Wight and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.