Sept. 3-7, 1913

Wed. September 3, 1913

This morning I worked then read this P.M. I mended then read. This evening some of the girls came over and we played “pit” then I read. We hear strange news from papa of the place he is staying Alexandria he went on today to North Dakota.

Thurs. September 4, 1913

Today I finished “Richard Carvel” I think it must be the best of Churchills books  he principal characters are all strong and true types. Oh I like the book. It’s one of the finest I have ever read. This P.M. I sewed then started out walking without any particular aim with my tennis racquet tucked under my arm. I ran upon some company drills displaying before a crowd of Pythian folks   the State convention is here now a big ball is going on tonight. Then I unluckily came upon Ralph who was quite surprised that I hadn’t let him know when I returned so this evening he escorted me home from prayer meeting and now he wants to come up tomorrow night. I’m tired of him I believe

Fri. September 5, 1913

This morning I went up and visited the Bestor’s, I hadn’t been inside of their house before and it is real cute Ruth’s room is fine with her new “Caschen” Walnut dresser and desk in it. This P.M. I painted a while then Evelyn Weaver and I went down town and I took the picture to be framed for May’s wedding present bought some pretty songs then came home. This evening Evelyn and Vera were over a while and we sang songs then I went over to Vera’s and watched he develope [sic] a film. I guess I’m going to manage my own money affairs after this.

Sat. September 6, 1913

Today I painted most of the time and to rest me I played the piano and sang. Mrs. Redman was here for supper she stopped on her way to Battle Creek.

Sun. September 7, 1913

I like Rev. Barnett ever so much. Went to church & S.S. This P.M. Ralph and Parker both wanted to come up but I let Ralph come today and promised Parker two weeks from tonight. I don’t want to go with Ralph after school begins I don’t love him and I never will though I like him ever so much and he’s perfectly grand to me. We went to church tonight and the sermon was fine. Ira Rogers funeral was today. This P.M. Ralph and I went walking and gathered a great bunch of golden rod.

This entry was posted in 1913, Claire Wight and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.