Dec. 16 & 18, 1913

Tues. December 16, 1913

Foot Ball Banquet

Well I clerked until most six then I rushed home and got ready for the Banquet. Then Ralph and I went  we sat with Nell and Cole Caryl and Gladies Phetterplace and Mr. Parker I had a lovely time the banquet was good and the toasts lots of fun when Elizabeth Stetson got up and gave her toast I was so thankful that it wasn’t I talking  I don’t believe I ever will consent to give a toast at a banquet. When Dr. Stetson gave his toast he mentioned my name and honors in tennis   poor “Dad” Hall next years football captain made a desperate effort to make a speech and I was surprised that he could do so well. Some how Mr. Parker and I always manage to have a good time when we are together even when we are with others  oh that isn’t what I mean that sounds funny.

Thurs. December 18, 1913

I didn’t get up in time for math class this morning So I finished a letter to Ben studied a little then rushed over to the Box Factory with Helen and Gertrude Macullock and Grace Bowen for a noon meeting. Helen and I played our mandolins then I took dinner at the Y.W.C.A. and after I went to work and clerk[ed] till six   I just love to sell beautiful books. Then I came home awfully tired and wrote some German sentences and outlined an oration. Oh dear I’m most to tired and sleepy these nights to write my diary.

This entry was posted in 1913, Claire Wight and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.