Aug. 28 & 29, 1914

Fri. Aug. 28, 1914

“Peace I give unto you, my peace I leave with you. Not as the world giveth, give I unto you. If my words abide in you and ye abide in me ye shall ask what you will and it shall be given you.”

This came to me in morning worship.

This P.M. Eva Clancy came up to spend the afternoon and stay to dinner. She is so bashful and quiet that she is very hard to entertain but I guess she had a good time. I showed her my Kodak pictures etc. Also we read from the “Golden Rule Dalliver’s” which is a very clever story. After church I stayed to choir practice and then Clancy & Alice put the whole burden of the church reception on my shoulders. I got a catalogue & another letter from Denison today  I’m just wild to go. My but its rained and been cold and drizzely[sic] all P.M. & night.

Sat. Aug. 29, 1914

“Comfort ye my Children.”  This P.M. Esther and I got all ready to play tennis and found that the courts were too wet. Then I stopped at Vera Perry’s and we played mandolin & piano duets and talked then she came up to my house and we played some more.

This evening Evelyn and Clair asked me to go on a marshmellow[sic] roast with them so we jumped into the machine* and picked up Mr. Galliger down town and the four of us drove like mad out past “Oakwood” to a little country graveyard and there beside the road we roasted the hugest mmellos that I’ve ever seen. I’m not especially impressed with Mr. Galliger.  On the way home we ran over a wild rabbit which we brought back with us.

My I’m tired and weary tonight. I’m lonesome  the moon is great tonight.

This entry was posted in 1914, Claire Wight and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.